The two major political parties in the U.S. today, the Democratic Party and the Republican Party, did not exist at the time the Constitution was drafted and ratified. Various issues led to the development of these political parties, some of which are pertinent to politics, even today.
In this assignment, you will examine the development of the two-party system. You will have the opportunity to analyze the American need and desire to have opposing views.
Based on your research and analysis of the readings for this module, respond to the following:
- What issues led to the rise of the Jefferson-Republican party in the 1790s?
- What mistakes were made by the Federalists that allowed the Republican Party to succeed?
- What issues that were controversial in the 1790s remain controversial today?
- Do you think partisan politics is a good method for solving the nation’s problems and advancing the nation’s interests? In the present two-party system, what impact do minor parties have on specific issues in recent elections?
- How have the Democratic and Republican Parties implemented these issues into their party platform?
Provide appropriate justification for your answers. Be sure to support your positions with references to scholarly sources.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Order Unique Answer Now