Assignment 2: State of America’s Children
In today’s global world, how do the children of the U.S. fare? Are they prepared to compete in the international arena? The Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) is a nonprofit child advocacy organization that provides a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. The State of America’s Children 2010 is the CDF’s report highlighting some crucial issues affecting our children today. Visit the CDF Web site and read the report:
Children’s Defense Fund (CDF). (2010). State of America’s children 2010. Retrieved fromhttp://www.childrensdefense.org/child-research-data-publications/data/state-of-americas-children-2010-report.html
Select a topic of interest to you from the report’s table of contents (after pulling up the website, you can scroll down to select a topic). Write a research paper on the topic. Be sure to include the following:
- Present the CDF findings on the topic in a table or graph that you create. Note how different populations are affected. For example, you might compare your state to national statistics or compare the top or bottom states on the topic you chose, compare racial/ethnic group data, etc.
- Research the selected topics using at least one additional resource. The data and research publication sections at the CDF Web site offer useful publications.
- Identify and analyze the main issues and discuss them in the context of relevant developmental theory, as well as societal influences. Why is this data and the information you researched important to understand in the context of child development?
- Present your conclusions and support them with research information. What recommendations would you offer to address this issue for future generations?
- Also use these two websiteshttp://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-me-in-we/201104/changes-in-the-american-family and http://oregonexplorer.info/rural/ruralissues/familystructure to provide information for the paper.
Write a 4-5 page research paper in Word format. Be sure to include introductory and concluding paragraphs in your paper, anda title page, an abstract, and a reference page. Apply APA standards to citation of sources
Order Unique Answer Now