Assignment 3.1: Cash Discounts Analysis
In this course project assignment, you will research cash discounts commonly offered for the industry your project’s business is in, and determine if those discounts meet the needs of your project’s business.
Click on the “Project” tab in the top navigation bar for more details on the course project.
- Research the types of cash discounts available to businesses in your course project’s industry. Search the web, contact suppliers for your industry’s products, etc.
- Contact a financial institution to determine terms available for short-term or long-term loans commonly offered to businesses in your industry to purchase product.
- Make a list of the types of cash discounts commonly available from Step 1 and 2 above.
- After you have organized your thoughts, post your analysis of which terms you would accept for your company, and why you chose the terms you did to the course Forum. Copy this information to your financial plan final report template.
Assignment 3.3: Product/Service Pricing
In this course project assignment you will be pricing two products/services based on industry-wide trade discounts for your business, using the pricing strategy of your choice. You will create an Excel file for this assignment and copy your calculations into your course project template.
Order Unique Answer Now
- Choose 2 products/services you want to price for your business. Research (online, by phone, or in person) trade discounts offered to retailers for both products/services. Consider contacting various manufacturers to gather data on trade discounts available.
- Set-up two worksheets in your course project Excel file named after each product. For example: Product1 Ink pens and Product2 Masking tape.
- Record the information you found in Step 1 above in an easily readable format in both worksheets. Avoid using paragraph format. Excel is more amenable to bullets. Make certain to include the source/s of the information provided.
- Using the pricing method of your choice, calculate the selling price of both products. Use Excel formulas to do the calculations and record the final selling price clearly in each worksheet.
- Finally, provide a summary as to why the selling prices chosen are appropriate for each product/service.