Assignment 1: Coca-Cola Company versus PepsiCo, Inc.
Recent events in the world of corporate finance have shown the importance of proper administration and funding of corporate pension plans. Evaluate the information in the Comparative Analysis Case of Coca-Cola and PepsiCo found in the book’s companion Website for Chapter 20.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze and discuss the current effects of IFRS on the pension reporting for Coca-Cola and PepsiCo at 2009 year-end.
2. Calculate the funding levels and capital gains experienced by Coca-Cola and PepsiCo in their respective pension funds.
3. Analyze which of the two (2) companies had a more secure pension fund, and explain why.
4. Evaluate how the status of the pension fund affects the level of risk that must be reported in the annual report. Justify your answer.
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Order Unique Answer Now
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.