Committee of Sponsoring Organizations was formed in 1985. COSO is a framework that guides the managers and those who are responsible about risk management, internal controls and fraud deterrence. Main objectives of COSO are discussed below.
Order Unique Answer Now
- Control environment: These represent procedures, manuals and policies and internal controls required for day to day operations.
- Risk Assessment: This refers to the process involved in early identification of risks and possible ways of managing risks.
- Control Activities: procedures required to ensuring management and those responsible are carrying out their work responsibilities and chances of errors or fraud or removed.
- Information: This represents all information required to communicate to employees that help them to carry out their work.
- Monitoring: This refers to overview of internal controls by management or third party for example audit committee.