Back to TopThe final paper is designed to provide the student with an opportunity to research a topic of interest related to some aspect of the American correctional system. This final paper is an effort to allow students to more fully explore issues related to either correctional officials or prison inmates.
Back to TopThe final paper is worth 320 total points and will be graded on APA formatting, quality of research topic, quality of paper information, proper use of text citations, proper grammar, punctuation, usage, and sentence structure, and the deliverable components for Weeks 1, 2, 5, and 6.
There are four components to the final paper.
- Title page, topic discussion, and list of 3 references
- Annotated outline
- Annotated bibliography
- Final paper all content due
APA guidelines must be followed for all course component deliverables.
At least 6 authoritative, outside references are required for the annotated bibliography and the final paper.
The final paper due Week 6 must be 8 to 10 pages of text in length, Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, include a cover page, introduction or abstract, body of the report, summary or conclusion and works cited page.
The final paper is due at the end of Week 6 of this course.
Order Unique Answer Now
- Week 1: Title page, description of final paper topic, and references to three outside sources —80 points. This deliverable should include a properly formatted title and reference page and one page of text describing the topic selected, your reasons for selecting this topic and what you expect to learn from having explored this topic area.
- Week 2: Annotated outline for the final paper — 80 points. Submit a polished outline for your final paper. Include in your outline a brief summary, two to three sentences, of key points for each topic area.
- Week 5: Annotated bibliography for the final paper — 80 points. Your bibliography should include references to at least 6 outside sources. Also required is a one-paragraph summary of the publication and your reasoning as to why this source is important to the topic you are investigating.
- Week 6: Final paper — 80 points. Submit an 8 to 10 page paper that includes a separate title and reference page. This paper should be well organized and follow the outline submitted for Week 2. It should also include the list of references, but not the annotations, submitted during Week 5. The final paper should adhere to all APA guidelines.