Assignment 1: Director of the Tourism Bureau for Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Due Week 3 and worth 180 points
You have recently been hired as the new Director of the Tourism Bureau for Myrtle Beach, SC. As part of your role, you are responsible for working with the city planning and management team to bring new tourism businesses to the community and consult on the infrastructure needed to support new tourism growth.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the current state of the hospitality and tourism industry in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This analysis should include:
- Total number of restaurants and a breakdown of the various types,
- Total number of hotels including supply and annual occupancy,
- The annual number of tourists, and
- Airport traffic – arrivals and departures.
- Provide a high-level overview of the Myrtle Beach infrastructure that supports the hospitality and tourism industry (roads, bridges, and utilities).
- Recommend a plan to increase the hospitality and tourism industry over the next 10 years. Include the following elements:
- The predicted amount of growth for the industry in 5-year and 10-year increments,
- The strategy you would take to ensure that the appropriate number of resources will be available to accommodate the growth, and
- Proposed workforce and workforce training/development that will be needed to meet the growth in the industry.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Order Unique Answer Now
- Analyze the current state of international tourism, ways tourism affects society and the environment, and key market factors that affect the tourism industry.
- Summarize the evolution of human travel and tourism and explain how this impacts the current tourism industry.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international tourism.
- Write clearly and concisely about international tourism using proper writing mechanics.