IT projects require specific resources with the skills and experience to formulate a successful project team. For this lab, you must use MS Project to create resource profiles of individuals that will be assigned project tasks for an organization that is sponsoring a new technology project. The project consists of launching a new Web page that will allow customers to place orders online and submit payment of invoices. This project will require you to create fictional resources in a real-life context. The project team consists of 20 individuals from the following functional resource groups:
- Legal counsel team
- Budget analysts
- Sales executive managers
- Executive officers
- Security team
- Customer service
- Web development team
- Test users
- End users
- Network engineering
There may be some instances where more than one (1) person is assigned to a project task. Once you have prepared your Resource Sheet, you must use screen shots to summarize and validate your work. Your final file for submission of this lab must be an MS Word document.
Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
- Create a Resource Sheet of the twenty (20) individual resource names using MS Project which includes the creation of profiles for each individual on the project team. Use screen shots to summarize and validate your work. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Determine the functional resource group to which each individual belongs.
- Suggest potential tasks that each resource will be performing.
- Prepare a narrative to justify the allocation of tasks to specific resources and explain how you arrived at the decision.
- Take a screen shot of your completed Resource Sheet and submit it within the Word document. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Order Unique Answer Now
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- Include charts or diagrams created in MS Project, or one of its equivalents such as Open Project. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.