Psychological disorders and their treatment are a fascinating area to study. Imagine you are now a psychology professional, working with two separate clients, each experiencing one of the disorders which you read about this past week. (Be sure to use a different fictitious client than the one you discussed in the Unit 9 Discussion.)
- Describe how you will identify the specific disorder through actual symptoms which the clients present, using the DSM-IV TR.
- Recommend two different types of treatment options for each client based on the main four approaches we discussed this term (Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Cognitive, and Behavioral).
- What specific techniques might you try using to help this client based on these schools of thought?
- What are the ethical obligations of psychology professionals when it comes to selecting the best treatment?
Be sure to use specific information from the text to support your answers when defining the different terms and concepts. When referencing the text, you need to use APA formatting. Information regarding APA formatting can be found in the Writing Center and should be reviewed thoroughly. APA formatting dictates how your paper should appear on each page.
In addition, your paper should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful. Your work should display quality content, organization, style, and mechanics.
Your paper should include:
- Cover page
- Main body of the paper (2-4 pages)
- Reference page
- Correct APA formatting for in-paper citations
You should follow these formatting guidelines for your paper:
ORDER UNIQUE ANSWER NOW
- Use standard margins: 1″ on all sides.
- Use standard 12-point font size.
- Use standard double-spacing
- Be sure the text is left-justified.