The Code of Hammurabi
Persuasive Writing Assignment (Essay #3)
The Code Of Hammurabi
Consider the works that we have discussed this semester. Select one or two specific works and explain in detail why the work(s) not only had the most significant impact on you, but also why it (they) should have the most significant impact on the rest of us.
In the opening paragraph, it is important that you powerfully express your position in a clear and convincing thesis statement. Keep in mind that your objective is to persuade the reader that this work(s) stood above all the rest. Simply giving a summary of the work does not meet the requirements for this assignment.
Obviously, there should be a strong sense of personal conviction that runs throughout the paper. Cite at least three (3) passages from the text(s) to support your opinions.
Be sure to pay close attention to writing mechanics (grammar, punctuation, transitions, etc.)
Length: 3 – 4 pages, typed, double-spaced
Format: MLA style
Due: See syllabus
• Title your essay (title should capture the essence of your thesis)
• In the upper left-hand corner of the first page: Your name, Course Number, Instructor’s name, Date
• Beginning on the second page, your last name and page number should appear in the upper right-hand corner.
• No separate cover page is necessary.
• Staple pages
• Grade may be reduced if essay is submitted late
ORDER UNIQUE ANSWER NOW