You have been hired as part of the networking team at UMUC. After completing orientation and training in your first week, your manager calls you into a meeting to discuss your first project.
The university has recently leased a building in Adelphi, Maryland. The building will house some offices, classrooms, a library, and computer labs. Security is very important for UMUC, as the university must protect students’ and employees’ data, as well as any intellectual property that UMUC has on its servers and computers. As a result, IT management would like to take the time to review some proposals on how best to move forward. As a network engineer, you have been asked to prepare a network proposal on how to set up a secure network infrastructure in this new building to support university operations.
After speaking to your manager, you are excited about the project, but you realize you will have a busy schedule. As you write your proposal, you will also have to prepare for the Network+ Certification exam. One of the conditions of your employment at this company is that you obtain this certification within 60 days of being hired. You will have to manage your time wisely, because you will have to take a practice certification test just as you are completing your final project.
To get started, follow the steps below.
You will provide detailed network design proposal. Your task is to design the network for this new building with the following criteria:
- Student-accessed computers should be on separate network from the staff-accessed computers. Computers for public use should be on a separate network.
- There must be a minimum of 40 Mbps Internet connection, with a backup line capable of at least 20Mbps. Cable, DSL, or FIOS should not be used for primary Internet service.
- The network should use physical cable, not wireless. But do provide wireless access in the Student Lobby area (second-floor hallway). Set the maximum simultaneous wireless users to 254.
- The network has been assigned the 10.11.12.0/23 network address for all computers and devices
Your proposal should have three major sections:
1. Physical Network Design
2. Network Addressing
3. Network Services Design
To learn how you will be assessed on this assignment, please take a moment to review the rubric. The final deliverable should adhere to the following criteria.
- Include at least five scholarly references.
- Use IEEE-style citation.
- Use correct network terminology.
- The use of diagrams is encouraged.
ORDER UNIQUE ANSWER NOW