Single-processor computers were able to handle and process smaller sets of data. As organizations began to use computers to process banking data, insurance data, retail data, manufacturing data, Web data, etc. the amount of data generated exploded to a point where single-processor systems struggled to efficiently process the data.
Multiprocessor systems were introduced to handle large data sets. The microprocessor technology has advanced to many-core (dual-core, quad-core, hexa-core, etc.) systems that are now being used even in handheld devices.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
Order Unique Answer Now
- Differentiate between multiprocessor systems and many-core systems in terms of power efficiency, cost benefit analysis, instructions processing efficiency, and packaging form factors.
- Using multiprocessor or many-core systems allows developers to build parallel processing into business applications
- Assess the benefits of parallelized business applications.
- Determine if there is a downside of parallelizing applications.
- Some multiprocessors and many-core systems support hyper-threading, which allows an application to be broken into smaller tasks that are spread across available processors for execution.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of hyper-threading in microprocessors.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Make sure to use in-text citations