To process a prescription order, RPS needs to know about the patients, the nursing home, and the nursing home unit where each patient resides. Each nursing home has at least one, but possibly many, units. A patient is assigned to a specific unit. An order consists of one or more prescriptions, each for one specific drug and one specific patient. An order, therefore, consists of prescriptions for more than one patient. Careful tracking and record keeping is crucial. In addition, each patient has multiple prescriptions, and one pharmacist fills each order.
- Based on the above information, create an entity-relationship diagram that shows the data storage requirements for the system using Visio or its open source alternative software. Add six (6) attributes to each data entity and show minimum and maximum cardinality. Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram.
- Then, create a domain model class for the same information using Visio or its open source alternative software. Include six (6) attributes for each class and show minimum and maximum multiplicity. Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze techniques for requirements determination, collection, and organization.
- Summarize effective communication techniques with various organizational stakeholders to collect information using a variety of techniques and to convey proposed solution characteristics to them.
- Explain various systems acquisition alternatives, including the use of packaged systems (such as ERP, CRM, SCM) and outsourced design and development resources.
- Analyze and present methods to initiate, specify, and prioritize information systems projects and determine various aspects of feasibility of these projects.
- Develop a solution to proposed business problem using structured systems analysis and design methods.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in advanced systems analysis and design.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced systems analysis and design using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions