It is the end of a reporting period. Because there are more people than usual retiring this year, your manager has asked your accounting department to create 2 things:
- A process documentation detailing the different methods of preparing income statements, specific sections of the income statement, and how to handle the special types of income statement items
- Basic financial statements for your company
- Visit the SEC’s Web site (http://idea.sec.gov/idea/searchidea/companysearch_idea.html).
- Select a company filing of your choice that contains a multiple-step income statement.
- Communicate your selection with your group (each of you should submit a different company).
- Submit the link to this filing as proof of your research.
- Prepare a process documentation that
- is prepared in a professional manner because it will be the desktop guide used by others in the event of your absence to prepare the financial statements for Music Warehouse.
- is in the form of a memorandum or as a numbered listing of items, depending on your individual preference.
- includes the following elements:
- a definition and description of the specific sections of the income statement
- a description of the different methods of preparing income statements
- an explanation of the conceptual guidelines for reporting income
- how to handle the special types of income statement items
Please add your file.
Using the information below, do the following:
Order Unique Answer Now
- Prepare a multiple-step income statement for Music Warehouse.
- Prepare a statement of changes in stockholder’s equity for Music Warehouse.