The purpose of this assignment is for you to consider what type of energy your neighborhood is currently powered by and what it would really take to convert this source to a renewable one. How much would it take to switch your community to a renewable resource and what would this mean for the environment?
For the assignment, complete the following:
- Identify three primary types of energy that powers your home as well as all of the homes in your community. You may find this information on your community Web site or the Web sites of the local power companies. For example, your community may use electricity and solar panels.
- Crystal River Energy Complex- Next to the Crystal River Nuclear Complex- which is coal/steam fired
- Anclote Plant- in Tarpon Springs-two-unit oil-fired steam plant
- Bartow Combined Cycle Plant- Near Weedon Island-are four-on-one combined-cycle unit; 4 gas turbines and one steam turbine
- Hines Energy Complex- Near Bartow—with four gas turbines and one steam turbine—gas/oil fired\
- Bayboro Plant- In Saint Petersburg has a four combustion turbine.
- Explain how the sources of energy you identified impact the environment. Consider the following: ◦Does the use of these types of energy resource have a negative impact on the environment in your area?
- Does your community have nuclear waste to dispose of? No.
- Has your community always used these three power sources? If so, how do you feel this has impacted the environment over time?
- How much of an impact have these sources of energy had on local air and water quality?
View a Sample Answer to this assignment or order a unique answer at an affordable price.
Order Unique Answer Now