Purposefully modifying the human genome could lead to cures for many genetic disorders however there are serious social, and ethical concerns that have been raised with this approach to curing disease.
Order Unique Answer Now
- You are to investigate and report on what is involved in modifying the human genome (gene therapy).
- Discuss in detail at least one specific example of a genetic disease that could be eliminated from the human population through gene therapy.
- Discuss the limitations of gene therapy. How developed is the process and are there diseases that cannot be addressed by this approach to eliminating disease.
- Diagram(s) illustrating gene therapy procedure(s) need to be included and referred to in the text.
- Discuss the pros and cons of gene therapy by considering how it would affect not only human health but also how it might be misused.