Poverty is the lack of material possessions or money
Rich nations have ended poverty among themselves
Rich nations should improve their efforts to end poverty
- Poverty is the lack or scarcity of a certain amount of material possessions or money. There are different levels of poverty. These include absolute poverty and relative poverty. Absolute poverty refers to the lack of basic human needs. These include food, water, shelter, and healthcare. On the other hand, relative poverty in economic inequality that is dependent on where an individual lives.
- Developed nations have helped in ending for themselves. However, they are not doing enough to end poverty in the poor nations. A significant number of people still live less than $2 dollars a day.
- Therefore, the rich nations should improve their efforts to end poverty. However, ending poverty should not just be left to the rich nations. Every human being, including people in poor nations, can be part of the solution.
Increase in donor aid
Improvement in democracy, free enterprise, and free trade
- The rich nations may help in ending global poverty by increasing donor aid to poor countries. Donor aid would enable the countries to implement various policies that would help in ending poverty.
- Socialism would also help in ending global poverty. It would help in the creation of a classless society and lead to fair distribution of wealth
- Improvement in democracy, free enterprise, and free trade would also help in ending global poverty. It would provide people and countries with limitless opportunities to engage in economic activities that would go a long way to end global poverty
Increase in donor aid would provide countries with resources to undertake activities that would end global poverty
Committing a certain proportion of income to foreign aid
Poor nations should spend less on basic services
- Increase in donor aid is the most efficient method of ending global poverty. It would provide countries with resources to undertake activities that would help in uplifting the living conditions of their citizens.
- The rich nations should commit a certain proportion of their income to foreign aid. The foreign aid should be used in implementing initiatives that would tackle poverty more effectively.
- Poor nations also have a role to play in ending poverty. They should ensure that they spend the minimum amount of money in the provision of basic services. They should invest the largest proportion of foreign aid on development activities such the building infrastructure. This would help them overcome the cycle of poverty.
Download full powerpoint presentation on Global Poverty or order a plagiarism free presentation at an affordable price.
Order Unique Answer Now