Controlling At Toyota – Assignment Instructions
Order Unique Answer Now
Controlling represents a very important function of management. Necessary at all levels and all aspects of the organization, controls should be applied to organizational design, planning, employee performance, etc., among many other functions. Level-wise, controls should be part of headquarters, of division, or departments. Lack of control can lead to costly delays or financial losses, among others.
Toyota is a well known Japanese car manufacturer, well known for its quality, until relatively recently. Toyota has been in the news recently for quality problems. It has recalled millions of 2009-2010 Corollas, Camrys, Avalons, and more recently, even Priuses.
For this case study, we will read two articles about Toyota and analyze how its growth, with no apparent controls (such as structures, and implicitly strong quality controls) may have lead to quality problems (among others). But this case illustrates the importance of the controlling function.
Please read the following articles about Toyota cost-cutting and the interview with the CEO (few years back).
Write a 2-3 page paper, answering the following question:
Has controlling and cost-cutting contributed to Toyota recent massive recalls?
- In order to develop good business communication skills, it is recommended you write papers using the following structure, using headlines and titles.
- Introduction (road map, explain main issue and list and main points)
- Main Body: Develop each point in the Introduction, applying theory to facts, in subsections (one subsection per main point).
- In Part I, I recommend 2 major subsections: Functions and Style. Each subsection should have several further subsections. For example, for functions: vision, communication, motivation, being a change agent. For style visionary, transformational, etc.
- In Part II, subsections of causes of recalls and a subsection of general discussion and analysis.
- Conclusions: Summarize main paper points
- List of references.
- Citing your Sources:
- APA Style