Using a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution, list and briefly explain three specific quantifiable (measurable) business benefits. These should reflect measurablebenefits achieved by using a SaaS solution – not general benefits. Your explanation must explicitly refer to a SaaS solution and the VFMDbusiness in the case study.
Business Benefit #1 and explanation: It reduces cost of handling online business system
SaaS system will not require a high initial set-up cost compared to personal launching of the system. The hardware, utility, and technology cost will be highly saved. The VFMD will manage to run its system online without need for personnel to manage the system or high IT knowledge. They will also receive system maintenance and backup services from the SaaS provider and thus, making their online system operation cost extremely low.
- Business Benefit #2 and explanation: Will increase the VFMD competitive advantage
The SaaS solution will provide advance features that will ease the business management process at a lower cost. It will offer highly flexible business environment, enhancing effective management of customers, workers, inventories, suppliers, and supply chain among others. This will enhance customers’ services, increasing their level of satisfaction and hence, increasing VFMD competitive advantage.
- Business Benefit #3 and explanation: Reducing business operation cost
The SaaS will ensure effective management of the VFMD database and all information required in the business. The SaaS will ensure ease of obtaining raw data, analyzed data and also well updated data than any manual system will ever manage. This will increase the ease of making decisions in the business and thus, reducing losses that emanate from slow decisions making or poor information analysis in decision making. This will play a great role in reducing business operation losses and time.
Victor has decided to implement a cloud-based SaaS solution to improve the process of shipping products to his customers. Identifyoneimportant activity that Victor would need to do during each of the following phases of the system development life cycle (SDLC) to implement his solution. Your answers should demonstrate an understanding of the phase of the SDLC and implementation of a SaaS solution. (An example answer is provided for the Programming phase—all other phases are applicable to this solution.) . Your explanation must explicitly refer to the VFMD business in the case study.
- Planning: Victor will need to identify the business objectives, problem, and all the resources the VFMD business has including trucks and drivers, as well as customers and their details
- Analysis and Design:Victor will need to identify the main system requirements based on the end users’ needs, this will guide victor in identifying all the modules required in the system to enhance the adoption of the most effective product shipping system for the VFMD business, as well as identification of other needed hardware and software on the business side to enhance internet connection.
- Programming: Since the system has already been developed by the SaaS vendor, Victor is not required to take any action regarding the Programming Phase.
- Configuration: This will depend on SaaS policies, Victor will be required to create VFMD account in the cloud, authenticate it, and make the necessary payments, before the SaaS vendor complete configuration on their side. The configuration will also include the internet configuration to enhance its availability to the machines to be used
- Testing:Victor will then be required to try to access the created VFMD cloud system using his own computer.
- Implementation and ContinuedUse:Victor will be required to download the shipping process cloud software and install it to his VFMD computer which should be connected to internet sources, login into the cloud and start uploading necessary data manually since the business never hard an online system initially. This should be followed by actual use of the system to schedule shipments.
Victor would like to increase the profit margins on his products – increasing the volume on those products that yield higher profits. He wants to analyze the data he will be collecting in his new information system to help him do this.
- Identify three questions that Victor would want answers to in order to determine ways to increase sales of the more profitable products.
- Then, identify what information Victor would need to answer each question.
- Finally, explain how that information and the answers to the questions would help Victorwith data-driven decision making.
For example, to solve a different problem: If Victor wanted to know when he could schedule his delivery trucks for maintenance, he might ask: On average, how many delivery trucks have been sent out each day of the week (over the past 6 months)? He would need to know this so he could figure out when his trucks are least in demand. Using this information, he might see that he makes very few deliveries on Sundays. But, his maintenance shop is not open on Sundays, so he would have to look at the next least busy day. If he found that Tuesdays generally require the next fewer delivery vehicles, he could schedule his trucks for maintenance on Tuesdays on a rotating cycle. Victor can then use that information to ensure his trucks are in good working order without impacting his ability to deliver the products to his customers.
- Question, information needed and explanation #1: Which products yield to higher profits than others? The information needed to answer this question include the profit analysis report which shows the cost of raw material, processing cost, and the selling price. This information will assist in determining the profit per unit to identify the products that result to higher profit per unit.
- Question, information needed and explanation #2:What has been the rate of purchase for the products in the last six months? The information needed to answer this question can be found in the inventory, where the rate of product ordering and selling can be obtained. This information will help in determining the rate at which the product is consumed and the time required to exhausted the ordered amount: check on deficiency or surpluses of the product
- Question, information needed and explanation #3: How much can be increased to increase the profit? This information can also be answered by inventory data. The data will direct on the amount purchase per a certain period of time and the increase that the market can handle without creating losses to the company.
Download full sample IFSM 300 Final Assessment Exam 2016 with Sample Answers Or hire one of our writers to help you with you IFSM 300 Final Assessment Exam at an affordable price.
Order Unique Answer Now