Assignment 1.1: Industrialization After the Civil War Thesis and Outline
After the Civil War, the United States became a much more industrialized society. Between 1865 and 1920, industrialization improved American life in many ways. However, industrialization also created problems for American society. Consider events that took place after the Civil War and discuss ways that industrialization affected the U.S. between 1865 and 1920.
For the first part of this assignment you will create a thesis statement. A thesis statement is usually a single sentence somewhere in your first paragraph that presents your main idea to the reader. The body of the essay organizes the material you gather and present in support of your main idea. Keep in mind that a thesis is an interpretation of a question or subject, not the subject itself. (Note: Please consult Stanford University’s Website with tips on how to construct a proper thesis; the websitecan be found at: http://www.stanford.edu/~steener/handouts/thesis.htm
For the next part of this assignment you will create an outline of the main points you want to address in this paper. This outline will serve as the basis for your Assignment 1.2 Final Draft. (Note: Please use the Purdue Owl Website to assist you with this assignment;this website can be accessed at: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/2/55/
1. Write a thesis statement that is one to two (1-2) sentences long in which you:
State you opinion on how industrialization after the Civil War influenced U.S. society, economy, and politics. Justify your response.
2. Write a one to two (1-2) page outline in which you:
- Determine three (3) major aspects of industrialization during 1865 and 1920 that influenced U.S. society, economy, and politics. (Consider issues such as geography, entrepreneurship, legislative representation, etc.)
- List five (5) specific groups that were affected by industrialization. Provide two (2) examples for each group describing how the group was affected. (Consider issues such as race, ethnicity, gender, child labor, etc.)
- List five (5) ways that industrialization affected the life of the average working American during this period.
- Use at least three (3) quality references.
Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
For this paper, I will be touching on the major aspects affecting the U.S. society, economy and politics between 1865 and 1920 industrialization influenced. And how The United States started to move forward as a better nation.
- Three major aspects of industrialization between 1865 and 1920 that influenced US society, economy, and politics.
- List five (5) specific groups affected by industrialization and two examples for each.
- Native Americans
1.Urban areas, factories, mills and other structures were taken away.
- Newcomers brought with them new diseases that ravaged the tribes
- Middle and Lower Class Workers
- Were paid with very little wages
- Work over night until the job was complete
- Farmers forced off their land and crops
- Had to migrate to smaller land areas
- Cheap labor
- Poor living conditions
- The New Middle Class
- New businesses
- Live affordably
III. List five (5) ways that industrialization affected the life of the average working American during this period
- Working Conditions
- Living Conditions
- Child Labor
- Women’s Role
Download full sample answer or order a plagiarism free answer at an affordable price.