We have learned that adolescence is a time of transition between childhood and adulthood. A critical milestone of this stage is the ability to successfully achieve a sense of identity. Around the world, there are different rites of passage to mark the transition to adulthood. In the United States, this might include obtaining a driver’s license, landing one’s first job, senior prom, or high school graduation. In this assignment, we will explore the role that family and society play in the development of the individual’s sense of self.
create two documents for parents of minority teens
1) A 10–12-slide PowerPoint presentation (complete with speaker’s notes) and
2) An accompanying 2-page handout/flier in Word document..
Be sure that both illustrate the following:
- Describe common rites of passage from two cultures around the world and compare them to a common American rite of passage. Possible resources might include National Geographic and an online libary
- Compare and contrast these rites to common US rites of passage. Do they coincide with the physical, cognitive, or socioemotional changes taking place at this age? Describe which specific changes (physical, cognitive, or socioemotional) they coincide with. Does this explain their importance in a particular culture?
- How might such a social ritual, such as a rite of passage, influence the identity formation process of adolescents?
- In light of Erikson and Marcia’s theories, discuss how the process of identity development is affected when the adolescent belongs to a minority group (racial, ethnic, sexual, or religious). Be sure to explain these theories and how they apply to identity development.
- Summarize research from at least THREE peer-reviewed* studieson the effect of minority status on identity development, ensuring you describe the main findings of the study as well as the research methods used to study the topic.
- Apply the information you gathered from textbook ATTACHED CALLED CHILD DEVELOPMENT ( TEHRE ARE FOUR ATTACHMENTS) and research articles to provideat least four practical recommendations for what the family, school, and community can do to ease the process for adolescents.
*Peer-reviewed means an article from a reputable journal, Peer reviewed indicates that other professionals in the field have reviewed and deemed it worthy of publication, in contrast to much if what we find online: someone posting something he or she wants to, without someone else verifying that the research methods were rigorous enough and the study is valid.
NO PLAGERIZING 100% original WORK
APA FORAMT THROUGHOUT including in txt citations (properly inputted)
Reference page IN APA FORMAT FOR ppt not just listed websites
NO GRAMMER MISTAKES
PLEASE use the child development book attached in four attachments
the article titled Connecting new research article PDF
The article titled “putting parents” PDF
Use of Minimum three peer reviewed articles Not inlcuding the articles attached…
Please cite in the paper + PPT with proper sources and the use of citations of the sources
If you must supplement from a website, do NOT use .coms. Instead, look for .org, .gov, and sometimes .edu for more reputable sources. Never use Wikipedia or about.com.
This assignment is worth 300 points and will be evaluated according to the rubric. Study the rubric carefully before you start work and refer to it periodically to complete this assignment.
Order Unique Answer Now