Access the Mouse Party interactive module. Select one mouse, influenced by the drug of your choice, and complete the simulation by viewing all of the relevant slides. Next, perform a web search on the drug you selected and locate additional resources that will help you answer the following:
- Briefly describe why you chose this drug and how many people are estimated to be using/abusing it.
- Explain how the drug influences both the brain and behavior.
- Discuss what you think (if anything) needs to be done to combat addiction to this substance and provide a rationale for your position.
Your initial post must be a minimum of 200 words and utilize at least two scholarly source (e.g., the course textbook, a peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library, or a professional web source), cited according to APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
This discussion has two options. Select one of the options and indicate which one you chose in your response.
Recruit someone you trust to help you. Have them prepare two items for you to taste (tell them to be nice), but do not let them tell you what they are. While they are preparing the items, find something to use as a blindfold and plug your nose so you cannot smell. You should not be able to see or smell the food while sampling it. As you chew, see if you can recognize the flavor. If not, unplug your nose and see if that helps you detect it. If that doesn’t work, take off the blindfold and see if you can identify it.
Once you have completed this activity, provide an analysis by sharing the following as you respond:
- Were you able to determine the food without smell or sight?
- At what point did you identify the food (e.g., blindfolded with nose plugged, blindfolded with nose unplugged, or neither)?
- Analyze the relationship between taste and smell.
- Analyze the relationship between taste and sight.
Explain the processes involved in how one senses the world around them (sight, touch, hearing, etc). If you had to give up one, which would it be? Why? What in your life (think about home, work, school) would be impacted by this lack of sense? How does perception influence your sensory systems?
Your initial post must be a minimum of 200 words and utilize at least one scholarly source (e.g., the course textbook, a peer reviewed article from the Ashford University Library, or a professional web source), cited according to APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Order Unique Answer Now