Quality of care and patient safety has become a driving force in the delivery of health care in the twenty-first century. Your paper should address the following:
- Explain the role of quality oversight in health care organizations and elaborate on how non-clinical personnel contribute to the process.
- Identify and describe three stakeholder organizations or agencies that contribute to quality oversight within health care organizations in a substantial way. Include at least one government and one non-government organization/agency that focuses on quality of care within the health care field.
- Answer the following questions for each organization/agency:
a. How does this organization/agency contribute to quality of care and patient safety?
b. What specific types of oversight does this organization/agency provide?
c. What are some of the repercussions that a health care organization could face for violating the standards of the organization/agency?
- Compare and contrast the three organizations/agencies.
- Who are some of the other stakeholders involved in promoting quality of care in health care and what role do they play?
- Given the vast amount of mandatory regulations imposed upon the health care industry, explain why a health care organization might subject itself to participate in voluntary accreditation activities.
Order Unique Answer Now
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style