Kerzner. (2009) Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling.
- Select 3 of the items found on page 339 in Kerzner under morality, ethics, and the corporate culture and describe how you would handle these situations.
- Consider the five items listed on page 169 that describe what happens when a matrix goes out of control. Which of these end up creating the greatest difficulty for the company? For the project managers, for the line managers? For executives?
- Design an evaluation form to be used by functional employees after project termination to evaluate the effectiveness of the project manager.
- As a company executive, how would you determine if there is a need to establish a project office? If it is determined that there is a need, how do you measure the return-on-investment as a result of the implementation of the PMO?
PAPER 2 – Topic: Supporting the Project Organization
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 4th Ed. (2004). Chapter 6
Kerzner. (2006) Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling, 10th Edition. Chapters 6 & 21
- Discuss methods that you can use to improve the productivity of your meetings.
- Where does your project fall on the Project Maturity Model? What needs to be done to push the project to the next level of the model?
- Discuss the steps that need to betaken to write accurate and effective job or position descriptions.
- How do you manage the following:
- failure to complete work within allocated deadlines
- constant interruptions
- excessive needs for overtime
- distracting personnel issues
- delegation of work
- conflicting priorities
PAPER 3 – Topic: Applying Project Management Skills and Techniques
All previous reading assignments may be used as input for this module.
Order Unique Answer Now
- Why must management support be visible to the whole team and not just to the project manager?
- What factors should be considered when performing a return-on-investment analysis on training dollars for project management?