This summative assignment is to develop a PowerPoint presentation designed as training for the staff of an early childhood education program focusing on strategies to support the health, safety and nutrition of young children. This project must include:
- Title Slide to include the training’s title, student’s name, course title/number, instructor’s name and date.
- Thesis Statement regarding the overall wellness of young children and the role an early education setting can play in a young child’s health and well-being.
- Purpose Statement as to “why” comprehensive health, safety, and nutrition strategies are important for early education programs.
- Considerations for the development of well-defined health, safety and nutrition practices for an early learning environment.
- Identification of developmentally appropriate practices for teaching young children about their own health, safety, and nutrition.
- Examples of learning activities which foster a young child’s understanding of the importance of physical activities, physical fitness, health, nutrition and safety.
- Describe teacher responsibilities to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Describe strategies to involve and engage families and communities in the physical fitness, health, safety and nutrition programs in the early childhood education setting.
- Conclusion which includes a restatement of the opening thesis statement and summary of the health, safety and nutrition strategies and practices discussed throughout the project.
- Resource Page.
The PowerPoint Presentation must include 15-20 slides. Students are encouraged to creatively address the material; including graphics, visuals, charts and/or graphs. Slides should be designed to clearly and concisely address the material. The PowerPoint Presentation must be formatted according to APA style including a title and reference slide and citing within the slides when appropriate. The notes section of the PowerPoint must be utilized to provide additional information. Students must use a minimum of four external resources and the course text. This final summative assignment will contribute to 25% of the course grade.
ORDER UNIQUE ANSWER NOW