This assignment supports the following lesson objective:
Understand the reasons why the US got involved in WW I and how the experience of WW I changed America.
This reading examines internal divisions that emerged within the US during WW I and how the outcome shaped American society.
Written response (100-200 words) to an exercise question
Perform the following tasks: Step 1: Read the Learning Questions for this section of the module.
ORDER UNIQUE ANSWER NOW
- Was any one nation primarily responsible for starting World War I or did Europe share collective responsibility?
- How well did the government balance the need to uncover German espionage with protecting civil liberties during the war?
- How did women and African Americans fare during the war?Which changes were temporary? Which were more permanent?
- What challenges did soldiers face in the trenches? How was fighting different from previous wars such as the Civil War or War of 1898?
- What concerns did Americans raise about the League of Nations?
- What was the legacy of WW I?