Leadership Plan to Address Financial Gaps Within A Healthcare Organization
Create a 10–12-slide PowerPoint presentation that communicates a leadership plan to address financial gaps within your organization. Use Kaltura or another technology to narrate and record a 10–15-minute audio presentation.
Note: You are strongly encouraged to complete the assessments in this course in the order
To remain viable, health care organizations need leaders who can meet financial targets by effectively leading their teams. Whether you work for a non-profit, for-profit, or government facility, financial goals and targets will influence your leadership priorities. These internal benchmarks, when considered with respect to finite, available resources, create leadership challenges for maintaining fiscal and clinical balance. You may recall a quote from Irene Krause, who started the idea of “No Margin, No Mission.” So, regardless of what your corporate structure might be, all leaders must contribute towards the financial health and profit margin of the organization.
Read also Financial Factors that Make Healthcare Organisations Merge
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 3: Analyze characteristics of effective team leadership. (L5.4, L26.5, L1.4)
- Analyze evidence-based strategies of effective team leadership in a plan to motivate team members to achieve departmental financial targets within a health care organization.
- Competency 4: Examine how financial forecasts guide organizational leadership. (L8.4)
- Identify financial targets including performance indicators and measurements for a department within a health care organization.
- Analyze gaps in financial targets versus YTD performance or goal attainment for a department within a health care organization.
- Propose a leadership plan to close identified financial gaps for a department within a health care organization.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in health care administration. (L6.1, L6.2, L6.3, and L6.4)
- Develop a presentation that is clear, concise, well organized, and appropriate for internal stakeholders.
Read also Hospital Financial Ratio Analysis and Comparison Paper
Questions to Consider
- To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- What leadership strengths could you utilize to address the task of motivating your team to engage in meeting financial targets?
- What organizations are you aware of that can help you improve your financial skill sets?
Read also FIN 504 – Financial Analysis Case Study: Assessing a Company’s Future Financial Health – Adeptus HealthOrder Unique Answer Now