Online Payment Systems Powerpoint Presentation Assignment Instructions
With the increasing use of digital payments and the decreasing use of cash payments, enhanced digital security and tracking of financial transactions have become significant aspects of many businesses.
The executive director of operations of Centervale Apparel has asked you to research this issue and prepare a presentation for the executive committee to educate them on these issues. You remember hearing that the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) is a leader in this field and would be a good place to start your research.
Review the following:
- NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association. (2011). News headlines. Retrieved from www.nacha.org
Using the Argosy University online library resources as well as NACHA s Web site article to complete the following.
- Describe NACHA and its role.
- Examine and explain the Automated Clearing House (ACH), its role, and how it relates to NACHA.
- List and explain the key participants in an ACH e-payment.
- Describe the key initiatives currently underway at ACH.
- Identify and analyze at least four digital payment concerns Centervale Apparel might want to consider in light of what you have learned from NACHA.
- Use the Notes function in Microsoft PowerPoint to prepare detailed speaker s notes for your formal presentation to the executive committee.
Develop a 3 5-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Add speaker notes. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
National Automated Clearing House Association And Automated Clearing House
- Payment systems have changed greatly where at present most pays are made using digital systems
- More companies have resorted to the use of online payments which are faster and reduce the time one would take especially when making traditional payments (Miller et al., 2013).
- Online payment systems use the internet in processing of payments and the communication between the financial institutions involved in the process.
- NACHA is the organization in the forefront that facilitates such online transactions especially payments.
National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) And Its Roles
- Online payments have been facilitated by the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA). Its further referred to as the Electronic Payments Association.
- The association contributed greatly to the increase of the utilization of echecks and epayments.
- NACHA facilitates nationally the Automated Clearing House network.
- The network has 11000 banks as members who give direct deposit, e-checks and debit for businesses and consumers.
- The customers can transact their business online and access their bank information in the process.
NACHA helps greatly in the facilitation of payments in the united states especially those that are done digitally. It liaises with various financial institutions and banks to ensure that there is enough money tied digitally to process payments and that the banks have enough deposits to process the payments.
Key Participants in an Automated Clearing House (ACH) e-Payment
- The key participants in a ACH network are financial institutions and banks.
- ACH offers various services that include social security benefits, tax refunds, direct deposits and the payment of billions of bills.
Financial institution and banks aid the digital payment by exchanging finances that is by giving direct deposits that are used by the various credit companies which mostly involve banks. ACH offers various services that include tax refunds which paid digitally to the person’s account among many other services like social security benefits. The benefits are paid directly into the account of the person involved. The person therefore does not have to handle any money as the banks communicate with each other and with other financial institutions to settle accounts.
Concerns for Digital Payments
- Some of the topmost concerns are known to be privacy issues.
- Another issue affecting digital payment is identity payment which can lead to a lot of losses to the person using the digital payment system (Gilder & Lalonde, 2013).
- Another concern is the speed at which the transaction takes place. More people need faster payments.
- Another challenge is that the financial institutions engaging in the digital payments may defraud the customers (Valentine, 2013) .
The main concerns in the digital payments involve privacy issues, identity theft, speed of transaction and fraud. Privacy can be lost especially when information is divulged to persons who were not supposed to see it. Identity theft can cause chaos and disruptions since one’s account can be swindled by the respective people. digital payments therefore face many challenges that should be solved to provide a concrete solution to ensure safety of the customers transactions and data.
- It is therefore important to take into consideration the adoption of digital payments systems in the economy.
- The various challenges can be solved if further research is done and more measures put in place to prevent loss of identity and online fraud among other challenges
- The only system is a welcome tool that easier the payment process which was in the past tedious since it followed the manual payment system.
You can order a unique presentation at an affordable price.
Order Unique Answer Now