The U.S. Department of State designates and maintains a list of countries that are officially designated as state sponsors of terrorism. There are currently four (4) countries on this list: Cuba, Iran, Sudan, and Syria.
Choose one (1) of the four (4) countries designated as state sponsors of terrorism. Next, use the Internet or Strayer databases to research the terrorist group(s) that your chosen country sponsors.
Write a three to five (2-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the key reasons why your chosen country has been designated by the U.S. Department of State as a state sponsor of terrorism.
- Summarize the history of your country’s sponsorship of terrorism.
- Examine the terrorist group(s) that your chosen country sponsors and address the following:
- Identify the major reasons that your chosen country sponsors the group(s).
- Describe the level and type of support the chosen country gives to the group(s) it sponsors (i.e. money, training, equipment, intelligence, etc.). Assess the severity with which the effectiveness of the group(s) would be impacted if it stopped receiving support from their state sponsor.
- Summarize any attack(s) carried out by the group(s) being sponsored by your chosen country, as well as the motivation and purpose for the attack(s). Analyze the benefits afforded to state sponsors because of the attack(s).
- Identify any public statements regarding the relationship made by the chosen country and/or the terrorist group(s) sponsored. Evaluate the validity of the statement(s) based on known facts.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Order Unique Answer Now
- Interpret the operational functioning of terrorist groups.
- Describe the history and development of the major terrorist groups in the world.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in terrorism and anti-terrorism.
- Write clearly and concisely about terrorism and antiterrorism using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.