- Digital media is any type of media in an electronic or digital format for convenience and entertainment of consumers.
- Includes anything presented in an audio (sound) or video (visual) form seen and heard by others. ( Copeland, 2008).
Examples of digital media
- Examples include music files e.g. MP3, Midi or WMA files; video feeds found on Internet and animated flash or graphical design files and images used in creating interactive websites and games.
- Such files are accessed by complex electronics devices that contain digital receivers or processors such as computers, mobile devices, projectors, MP3 players etc. (Koehl, 2013).
Actual Digital Media
- Video conferencing is an example of digital media used by organizations which influence and guide them in decision making.
- It can be defined as a medium where two or more individuals at different locations can meet face-to-face in real time which offers new possibilities to connect with guest speakers and experts. It makes opportunities more accessible and exciting. (Firestone et al., 2007)
- This type of digital media save money and time, build relationships, communicate “face to face” where it would be impossible, improves work/life balance, avoid travels and teaches collaborations.
Video Conference Promotes
- Video conferencing promotes attention, authenticity, confidence, updates to volunteers, realistic outcomes and discussions leading to effective decision making.
- Despite the benefits of video conferencing in decision making, the price may be the biggest expense in an organization and there are human ways of communicating that do not translate well over distance such as eye contacts.
- Also, different groups may process information differently. (Firestone et al., 2007)
Download full powerpoint presentation on Digital Media Influence in Organization and Decision Making or order a custom presentation at an affordable price.
Order Unique Answer Now