You and five (5) of your friends are considering forming your own business. Collectively, you have $4.6 million to get your venture off the ground and a year before you open your doors. As the tax research and planning expert in the group, it is your task to ensure your company is set up to minimize your tax exposure. You business will be registered in the city and state in which you live.
Write a 5-7 page paper in which you:
- Briefly describe your new business (name and what it does).
- Discuss how you will form your corporation and how you will comply with specific regulations in your state (note the need for research here).
- Determine the most appropriate capital structure for minimal tax exposure.
- Discuss the tax planning considerations you must take into account after the first year (when you are actually open for business).
- Determine how non-liquidating distributions will be addressed.
- Cite at least two (2) tax research sources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
ORDER UNIQUE ANSWER NOW
- Analyze tax issues regarding corporate formations, capital structures, income tax, non-liquidating distributions, other corporate levies, liquidating distributions, acquisitions, and reorganizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in organizational tax research and planning.
- Write clearly and concisely about organizational tax research and planning using proper writing mechanics.