Myopia and Hypermetropia Assignment Instructions
A local middle school has a science club that meets once a week to discuss various scientific topics. Lately, the club has expressed interest in the visual system; particularly, why some people need glasses, why others do not, and why all glasses are not the same (some glasses actually make vision worse rather than better). The faculty sponsor of the club has asked you to give a talk about myopia and hypermetropia (also known as hyperopia).
Develop a presentation for the talk geared towards middle school-aged children (eleven- to fourteen-year-olds). Cover the following points in your presentation:
Order Unique Answer Now
- Explain the anatomy of the eye. You can include visual aids such as diagrams where needed.
- Explain how the cornea focuses images on the retina in normal, myopic, and hypermetropic eyes.
- Describe how glasses, contact lenses, and laser surgery can be used to fix the focusing problems of myopia and hypermetropia.
- Describe eyestrain and its causes.
- Explain how having the correct glasses can alleviate eyestrain.
- Explain why wearing someone else’s glasses can make your vision worse. Be sure to include the following in your presentation: