- Digital media is any type of media in an electronic or digital format for convenience and entertainment of consumers.
- Includes anything presented in an audio (sound) or video (visual) form seen and heard by others. ( Copeland, 2008).
Examples of digital media
- Examples include music files e.g. MP3, Midi or WMA files; video feeds found on Internet and animated flash or graphical design files and images used in creating interactive websites and games.
- Such files are accessed by complex electronics devices that contain digital receivers or processors such as computers, mobile devices, projectors, MP3 players etc. (Koehl, 2013).
Actual Digital Media
- Video conferencing is an example of digital media used by organizations which influence and guide them in decision making.
- It can be defined as a medium where two or more individuals at different locations can meet face-to-face in real time which offers new possibilities to connect with guest speakers and experts. It makes opportunities more accessible and exciting. (Firestone et al., 2007)
- This type of digital media save money and time, build relationships, communicate “face to face” where it would be impossible, improves work/life balance, avoid travels and teaches collaborations.
Video Conference Promotes
- Video conferencing promotes attention, authenticity, confidence, updates to volunteers, realistic outcomes and discussions leading to effective decision making.
Video conferencing in decision making
Smart decisions involves consulting colleagues, collecting best information and evaluating that information critically to determine final outcomes.
With video conferencing decision making process is changed the following ways;
- Simpler decision assessment is possible
- Monitor implementation & project progress after decision is reached
- Scale discussions both effectively and time efficiently
- More accessible colleagues even virtually
Despite the benefits of video conferencing in decision making, the price may be the biggest expense in an organization and there are human ways of communicating that do not translate well over distance such as eye contacts. Also, different groups may process information differently. (Firestone et al., 2007)
Analysis of decision making
In decision making for a company, awareness is critical before the stakeholders considers it. After this, they will prefer the decision and later on implement it. Similar to a customer purchasing a product.
While using this media, be ready to explore and use these videoconferencing opportunities in an organization. Preparation to devote time and thought before and after the videoconferencing activity is also crucial. Video conferencing yields influence and also guides decision making as many experts are brought near despite geographical locations.
Order Unique Answer Now