- The company values the contribution of staff in its daily operation, innovation and product development. It thus seeks to offer chances for staff to take part in decision-making via staff consultation among other means
- Supervisors and managers will directly consult with staff on everyday matters that impact employment of staff members
- Staffs are urged to directly raise any issues or concerns they might have regarding their work to their supervisor
- In a situation where any staff member feels that the raised concern is not well handled or not adequately raised by the supervisor, they might ask for staff representative assistance, who might offer advice and support them in raising the issues.
- Workers can ask for direct meeting with the area manager if need be though their staff representative for further consultation.
- Staffs are permitted to communicate using assigned company email system and the internal telephone especially on matters related to their assignments
- General announcement will be communicated via internal memo pinned on the company notice board
- Any change of operations, or introduction of new operation procedure will be communicated via physical meeting between the managers and supervisors or between the managers and all bodies of staffs
- The company embraces diversity and hence every staff member is required to respect other people’s culture, and hence any offensive remarks regarding individual culture or any discriminative act based on cultural aspect will be punished through disciplinary action
- The company emphasizes on the cultural diversity value and strengthens its commitment to cultural inclusiveness through various cultural program
- Company will be conducting continuous assessment of employee performance after every six months
- Organizational based training and workshops will be provided to all workers in areas of weakness, and special mentorship and coaching will be provided to those who need further assistance to improve their performance. Personal efforts will also be anticipated to improve individual performance
Staff Complaint and Conflict Resolution
- Any work related issues should be raised to the immediate supervisor. In case the supervisor is unable to handle the problem, the problem can be raised to workers union who are anticipated to work with the management to handle the problems
- Personal conflict should be reported to the supervisor, and in case the supervisor is unable to resolve the issue, the issues should be forward to the company’s disciplinary committee
Managing Company Ethics
- Staffs are required to respect company’s property and time. No use of company’s properties or company’s time for personal work
- Staffs are anticipated to respect company’s customers and to serve them with high level of dedication, respect and integrity
- Anybody found breaking any of the company’s laws of policy will be liable for the action and will face the relevant disciplinary action based on the offense
Encouraging and Maintaining Effective and Harmonious Workplace Relationships
- All workers are anticipated to accord each other with respect, humanity and professionalism. Open communication is permitted in each department to enhance collaboration in problems solving
- Every employee is expected to follow the provided conflict resolution channel to ensure all conflicts and disagreements are handled in a professional manner
Provide Feedback to Staff on Outcomes from Consultations and Complaints
- Employees’ feedback on various aspects will be provided through the communication channel that initiated the consultation
- Complaints feedbacks will be provided in a face-to-face meeting with the supervisor or disciplinary committee
Communicating Policies and Procedures
The company policy should be provided to any new employee upon employment. The employee should read and understand them, ask any clarification if need be and finally sign the policy sheet to acknowledge that he or she will follow the company’s policy and procedures while in the company or face disciplinary action. In case the policy and procedures are being introduced to the existing workforce, the HR department should post a notification internal memo to the company notice board to inform the workers of new policies. The HR department should then call for organizational meeting with the staffs, where the new policies will be discussed. The HR department should ensure that all policies are clearly understood by the members. The meeting should ensure that each employee has at least two printed copies of the company’s policies which will be signed at the end of the meeting to demonstrate workers commitment toward observing these policies. One copy of the policy will be returned to the HR department, while the staffs will be left with the remaining copy for personal reference. A copy of the company’s policy should also be left at the notice board (Mazin, 2011).
Benefits of Having Well Developed Policies and Procedures
The main benefit of having a well-developed policies and procedures is that the organization will easily manage to control the behaviors of workers in the workplace. It will also be easy to resolve misconduct related conflicts at the workplace without initiating legal battles. Policies and procedures also enhances effective organization and operation of production activities in an organization since it is clear on what each employee is required to do (Australian Business Solutions Group, 2013).