After reviewing your Instructor’s Guidance and completing the weekly reading assignments (including those in the resource section below), please post a substantive discussion post of at least 200 words that analyzes American Imperialism in either the Philippines or Latin America, using the following questions as the basis of your analysis:
- How did American foreign policy become more interventionist (aggressive) from the 1890s into the twentieth century?
- What issues led to the Filipino Insurrection? How was this conflict perceived in the United States?
- What arguments did Americans use to justify their colonization of the Philippines? What arguments were used against colonization?
- Why did the U.S. want to build a canal across Central America? How did the U.S. eventually accomplish this?
- What is the Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine, and how was it used to justify imperialism?
- In your opinion, which branch of the service, the Army or the Navy was more influential in this period of imperialism? Why?
Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and properly cite any references.
Order Unique Answer Now