You have just been hired as a new chief executive officer of a new full-service 200-bed for-profit health care organization. Twenty-four (24) hour emergency room services will be provided. The services offered will focus on adult care. The physicians under consideration for employment at the new facility are world renowned for their highly successful treatment rate for the most difficult cancers. About five miles away exists a non-for-profit teaching hospital that has also developed a great reputation in the community for providing great adult care services.
Prepare an eighteen to twenty (18-20) slide PowerPoint slide presentation in which you:
- Provide a detailed organizational chart for your new facility.
- Organize a mission, vision, and values statement for the new entity.
- Compile procedures that govern the hospital-physician and physician-patient relationship including negligence and liability issues.
- Describe referral services that will be offered.
- Create a peer review system.
- Provide a synopsis of how HMO insurance will be handled.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Order Unique Answer Now
- Differentiate among the ways that health care institutions can be organized and managed.
- Define negligence and liability as they relate to health care.
- Explain the concept of peer review and its relationship to medical staff privileges.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health care policy, law, and ethics.
- Write clearly and concisely about health care policy, law, and ethics using proper writing mechanics.