Models for Competitive Dynamics Assignment
April 5, 2016 Uncategorized 0 Comments
Competition has, since the 90s, led to wider gaps between industry leaders and laggards. There are more “winner-take-all” environments and greater churns among industry sector rivals. We have witnessed sharp increases in the quality and quantity of IT (Information Technology) investments. We’ve seen striking competitive dynamics, particularly in sectors that spend the most on IT. Some of the competitive dynamics models include the Destroy Your Business (DYB) strategy, the Grow Your Business (GYB) strategy, the Information Systems (IS) and strategic advantage, and the social business strategy.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the DYB and GYB strategies in terms of the ability to sustain a business in the marketplace over the long term, to be competitive against rivals, and profitability.
- Examine the “cannibalization” strategy and determine if it is or is not a better strategy compared to the DYB strategy for growth, competitiveness, and market leadership. Provide two (2) business examples.
- Determine whether or not changes in business strategy should entail reassessment of IS. Provide three (3) reasons to support your position.
- Examine how firms can use social IT in alignment with organizational strategy and IS strategy. Consider collaborative capabilities, what, how, and who should use social IT for a social business strategy.
- Use three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the integration of enterprise systems with inter-organizational partners.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in enterprise architecture.
- Write clearly and concisely about enterprise architecture topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.