Description of the Environment – Florida
- This presentation discusses animals in the biome of this writer.
- The Florida environment falls within the wetland biome.
- The Florida environment consists of marine life and land in mild subtropical climate (Herrera, 2013).
- Most areas of Florida comprise of karst limestone that is veined with sinkholes and caves filled with water.
- Wetland biomes such as the one found in the Florida environment. Part of this wetland environment is swampland.
- The environment is, also, characterized by deep and long bogs and marshes that are of different sizes, and even those, which are shallow are still significant in the environment (Lindeen, 2012).
- Britton Hill is the highest point in Florida, and at the same time the lowest high region in the United States. Much of the areas in the Florida environment are elevated to areas that do not exceed 12 feet (Lindeen, 2012).
Read also Organisms found in Alabama Biome
The Ten organisms in the Florida Biome
- The ten organisms found in the wetland biome, particularly in the Florida environment should include at least five animals and five plants.
- The animals are: snakes (Southern copperhead, insects, turtles, amphibians and alligators.
- The plants are: The bulrushes, Cypress Knee, Orchids, Mangroves, and Cattails
Hypothesis of a New Environment
- In a situation the climatic temperature has to increase by approximately 10 degrees Celsius, there will be a lot of changes in the biome that will prompt organisms to adjust.
- Temperature increases by a range of 10 degrees Celsius is equivalent to warming the biome. As a result, some organisms such as the orchids and the bulrushes will cease to exist.
- On the hand, most animal species such as snakes (Southern copperhead), Turtles and amphibians will migrate to the northern latitudes (Franklin, 2013).
- Other animal species such as the American Alligator will continue surviving since their bodies adapt well to warmer environments that are key for maintaining their metabolism at optimum levels.
- There are possibilities of new species moving in since increase in temperature may favor other organisms.
Biome changes with the temperature shift
- Any changes in these factors causes the whole system to change and these will have great impacts on the organisms that live there.
- Therefore, biome changes with temperature shift will attract other animals and plants that can survive in the new conditions.
- The rare species will cease to exist since the climatic conditions will have become unfavorable for them.
- The five animals that will be found in the new biome are: The African Pyxie frog, the cape ground squirrel, the sand grouse, fogstand beetle, and scorpions.
- The plants in the new biome will be acacia species, Ficus carica, pindo palm, the mangrove, and the loquat
Changes in environmental management practices
Order Unique Answer Now
- As a result of the changes in the Biome due to temperature shift, the will be need to initiate changes in the environmental management practices in order to avoid further changes in the biome.
- There will be need to institute new air quality management programs, land management programs, pollution prevention planning, frequent environmental auditing, and environmental training programs.
- The drastic shift in temperature will affect society and culture in the area.