Unit 2 Discussion
Read the following articles pertaining to The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey and answer to help you answer the discussion questions:
- Discussion Question 1: Which habit do you think is the most helpful to you in your daily life and achieving efficacy?
- Discussion Question 2: Which habit (or habits) do you generally practice now? Which habit(s) would you like to start employing? Why?
Unit 3 Discussion
Read: Adults Who do it All and The Impact of Extrinsic Motivation. Also find this website on Motivation and Goals by Shiang-Kwei Wang: Be sure to click the links on the left side to navigate to different theories.
- Discussion Question: For you to be able to do anything in life, what are your internal and external motivators? When is each of these motivators more important? Why? Overall, which is the most important motivator? Why? The research concludes that there is a relationship between happiness and motivators. Why is this so?
Unit 4 Discussion
- Discussion Question 1: How can “Bloom’s Taxonomy” help you to understand instructor expectations?
- Discussion Question 2: After reviewing the assignment chapters, write in your own words what is Critical Thinking. Why is Critical Thinking important in education and beyond in your life? How does “Bloom’s Taxonomy” relate to Critical Thinking?
Unit 5 Discussion
- Discussion Question 1: Join the discussion board and type in or copy from a word document your Thesis statement for one of the topics. For this exercise, you will be opening your own thread. Please be sure to give your thread the appropriate subject title, for example “Video Games.”
- Also, be sure to rate the other students’ posts.
Rating a Post!
To rate a post, click on the link to the student’s post and in the right hand side of their post you will see a drop-down box that allows you to rate the post from 0-5 stars. Once you have chosen a number, click the rate button next to the drop-down box. Please refrain from commenting on each other’s posts.
- Discussion Question 2: Use your critical thinking skills to make a list of things you should consider in deciding if a source is appropriate to use. (Your textbook gives some good hints).
Unit 6 Discussion
This week, we have two discussion questions. Please participate in both threads.
- Discussion Question 1: Which Memory Principles do you often apply to remember and retain information? Which memory principles do you think are most important in promoting consolidation?
- Discussion Question 2: Read the article, “Squeeze a bit more from this sponge.” In relation to this article, think about how you learn: What is one thing you understand really well? How did you come to understand it? How do you know you understand it? After answering these question, in what ways do you think instructors can help foster learning in the classroom?
Unit 7 Discussion
- Discussion Question 1: VAK
Please discuss your learning styles here, based on the VAK Questionnaire results. Also, use this space to discuss your thoughts and reflections on the outcomes of your learning style assessment. When commenting, try to base your comments on the VAK paradigm (i.e. “Since visual learners achieve better results by viewing information, it might be helpful to make a graph…”).
I look forward to seeing what kind of learners you all are!!
- Discussion Question 2: MI
Traditionally, people have defined someone who is intelligent as an individual who can solve problems, use logic to answer questions, and think critically. But psychologist Howard Gardner has a much broader definition of intelligence. Compare the traditional idea about intelligence with Gardner’s. How have his ideas changed the way we assess the strengths and weaknesses of people? How does an understanding of multiple intelligences change how you view your own abilities?
Unit 8 Discussion
- Discussion Question 1: Discuss your methods to handle stress (use examples such as the BREATHE method) and how well you adapt to change.
- Discussion Question 2: Change is not simply adapting to change, but also making a difference to create change.
Your task this week is to visit Change.org
Here, you will find hundreds of non-profit organizations and “causes” that underscore needs, concerns and developments in our 21st-century world. You will find organizations working to protect and sustain the environment, relieve hunger, advocate for the safety of children, provide health care to refugees, and save endangered species. For each organization or cause, there is a brief write-up of the work that is being done, and the challenges that remain.
Please identify an organization or cause and write a brief description of why you are interested in the issue. Additionally, share a “creative strategy” on how you might integrate some form of participation in your chosen issue into your professional, educational or personal goals.
We are all “entrepreneurs” for the future. As you prepare to “graduate” from this CSS class and go on to further specialized coursework in your major discipline, it will be exciting to think of ways you can make a difference!!
You can order unique answers to any or all the discussions at an affordable price.
Liked this paper? Hire one of our writers to write a unique hiqh quality for you! Order Unique Answer Now