Report on Current and Future State of Software Development and Testing
You have been hired as the CIO of a large multinational Internet advertising company. The president of the company is entertaining a major new software development project to keep track of advertising revenues. She asked you to prepare a report on the current and future state of software development and testing for this advertising company so that she can make an educated decision on how to proceed with the new development. The goal is to have a loosely coupled, Java-based platform for this Web-based company.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
- Define and explain, in your own words, the primary challenge(s) of software development projects.
- Compare and contrast at least three (3) different software development methods.
- Explain why the testing of software products is of great importance.
- Provide a graphical depiction of your solution through the use of Microsoft Visio or its open source alternative, Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Identify potential ethical issues that may arise as a result of the company doing business across several different countries and cultures, and recommend ways to mitigate these challenges.
- Compare and contrast at least three (3) testing approaches to software development.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the issues and challenges associated with software engineering.
- Compare and contrast software development process models.
- Explain the importance of software testing.
- Compare and contrast the various testing approaches to software engineering.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in software engineering.
- Write clearly and concisely about software engineering using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.