Your team of employees and you are working on a big project for the hospital’s chief financial officer (CFO). Together, you will develop a system to justify the full-time employees of the laboratory department.
Address the following:
- Decide how many hours during the week the department must be staffed to fully operate.
- Calculate, using one of the FTE formulas to justify, how many full-time employees are necessary. Assume that the full-time employees will work five 8-hour shifts. The minimum amount of employees per shift is: 1 pathologist, 2 laboratory technologists, and 1 front office person.
- Provide details as to the services the laboratory offers and the revenue it can generate for the hospital to help the CFO put this information into perspective.
- Provide a cost analysis of the day-to-day operation expenses of the department.
- Analyze cost using the cost classifications of direct versus indirect and flexible/variable/semivariable.
Combine the information into a PowerPoint slide presentation to present to the hospital CFO. Make the slides informational and also visually appealing. For more information on creating PowerPoint Presentations, please visit the PowerPoint Lab.