Your team of employees and you are working on a big project for the hospital’s chief financial officer (CFO). Together, you will develop a system to justify the full-time employees of the laboratory department.
Address the following:
- Decide how many hours during the week the department must be staffed to fully operate.
- Calculate, using one of the FTE formulas to justify, how many full-time employees are necessary. Assume that the full-time employees will work five 8-hour shifts. The minimum amount of employees per shift is: 1 pathologist, 2 laboratory technologists, and 1 front office person.
- Provide details as to the services the laboratory offers and the revenue it can generate for the hospital to help the CFO put this information into perspective.
- Provide a cost analysis of the day-to-day operation expenses of the department.
- Analyze cost using the cost classifications of direct versus indirect and flexible/variable/semivariable.
Combine the information into a PowerPoint slide presentation to present to the hospital CFO. Make the slides informational and also visually appealing. For more information on creating PowerPoint Presentations, please visit the PowerPoint Lab.
Order Unique Answer Now