Write an eight (8) page paper in which you:
1. Determine the impact of Boeing Inc’s mission, vision, and primary stakeholders on its overall success.
2. Analyze the five (5) forces of competition to determine how they impact Boeing Inc.
3. Create a SWOT analysis for the company to determine its major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
4. Based on the SWOT analysis, outline a strategy for Boeing Inc to capitalize on its strengths and opportunities, and minimize its weaknesses and threats.
5. Discuss the various levels and types of strategies the firm may use to maximize its competitiveness and profitability.
6. Outline a communications plan the company could use to make the strategies you recommend above known to all stakeholders.
7. Select two (2) corporate governance mechanisms used by this corporation and evaluate how effective they are at controlling managerial actions.
8. Evaluate the effectiveness of leadership within this corporation and make at least one (1) recommendation for improvement.
9. Assess efforts by this corporation to be a responsible (ethical) corporate citizen and determine the impact these efforts (or lack thereof) have on the company’s bottom line. Provide specific examples to support your response.
10. Use at least five (5) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
In the past few years, the airline industry has been noted to express dynamics in an impressive manner. It is clear that the sector has undergone drastic changes both in terms of demand and supply. This paper explores a US airline company; Boeing, Inc. and in the process, it will determine the impact of the mission, vision, and primary stakeholders on its overall success. It will, among other things, present an analysis of the five (5) forces of competition and determine how they can impact the company. Boeing, Inc. just like any other corporate business operates with the aim of creating profits. Therefore, all levels of management are charged with the basic task of continually developing strategies and finding solutions in order to increase profit on a continuous basis. It is worth noting that Boeing is a US based manufacturer with a huge customer base in more than 150 nations around the world (Szymanski, 2011).
It is prudent for a business to operate under well-structured mission and vision statements in order to be able to realize its objectives. In Boing, Inc., the mission statement is “The International Association of Machinists &Aerospace Workers and the Boeing Company are committed to working in partnership to ensure that innovative/creative solutions are developed and implemented to improve health and safety, employee development, and quality and productivity in the workplace” (Yenne, 2010). This mission statement is significant for defining the sector in which the company operates its business, and, therefore, sets out the purpose that should be followed. It presents, in summary, the activities of the company and the reasons for conducting them.
Through the mission statement, the company, also, pinpoints essential stakeholders such employees, customers and shareholders. Mission statement influences the overall success of the company by enabling employees to understand how relevant their contribution is to the objectives of the company (Yenne, 2010). It should also be clear that, through a mission statement such as that of Boeing, Inc., various stakeholders are approached both directly and indirectly. This then assists them when it comes to making decision of whether or not they can join the company for business.
Download full sample paper on Boeing Inc or Order original paper on any publicly traded corporation at an affordable price.
Order Unique Answer Now