Information technology has enhanced operational activities throughout the health care industry. Much has been discussed in financial analysis, price, and acquisition discrepancies. The decision to acquire and implement technology, and justify the cost has perplexed physicians and health care facilities.
Assume you are an office manager in a physician’s group practice. As the office manager, you have been asked to review and explain the financial implications of implementing electronic medical records (EMR). You will address potential areas of financial concernand provide your recommendation to the physician’s group on whether or not to implement EMR.
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® in which you outline the following areas of financial concern and conclude with your decision on whether you would recommend EMRs to the stakeholders. Include detailed speaker notes.Cite at least three outside sources and your textbook. Discuss the following areas with the focus on the financial aspects:
- Implementation process; This should be your introductory slide.
- Financing technology; Choose at least five.
- Costs not considered in the implementation process; Choose at least two.
- Life expectancy and value of the equipment
- Increase in operational costs
- Financial incentives for implementing new forms of technology: Choose at least one.
- Government, as in Medicare reimbursement
- Health care professional societies
- Health plans, as in pay-for-performance programs
- Quality improvement agencies that may offer financial incentives, such as the National Committee for Quality Assurance, the Utilization Review Accreditation Committee, or the Joint Commission
- Advantages and disadvantages
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines:
- Introductory or overview slide
- Slides presenting the information required for the assignment
- Detailed speaker notes with in-text citations
- Recommendation or summary slide
Post your final project as an attachment. Order Unique Answer Now