Meaningful Use is a hot topic relative to initiatives from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). As we move to a virtual, interactive medical record that transcends physical walls of organizations and primary care providers, it is essential that nurses embrace the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and its documentation capabilities. Devise a plan for improvement of at least two Meaningful Use metrics for your facility; ensure you include education and monitoring as key relative to the established benchmarks from CMS
Overview: Change Theories Project
Each student will produce a plan for implementing a change project in nursing departments
throughout the organization. You will begin by selecting one of the options provided and propose a
change to solve the problem. Then you will select one of the change theories you have studied that
models how you want to implement the proposed change. You will conduct a SWOT analysis and
develop a comprehensive action plan. You will create a PowerPoint presentation of your plan with
a “script” in the Notes section as if you are presenting this to an audience.
During and after your work, you will examine the types of communications, decision-making
processes, and processes you use, and comment upon those in the last part of the “script.”
- Select and utilize a change theory model to implement the proposed change.
- Analyze the leadership roles and management skills necessary to implement a new program.
- Identify your decision-making process.
- Demonstrate the elements of the change process.
Action Plan (Pivotal portion of project)
Your plan will include at least-
- Supporting rationale for implementing the new program.
- Steps and processes necessary to assure staff compliance.
- Ways in which you will communicate your plan.
- The change process you have chosen with an explanation of how and why this model was selected.
- A definition of the leadership style you expect to be most effective.
- What management functions you will utilize.
- Any budget requirements/implications.
- The advantages and disadvantages of using a work group vs. sending an e-mail announcing
- A plan for how you will handle noncompliance, late majority, laggards, and rejecter
- Specifications regarding how you will evaluate the effectiveness of your proposal.
You are expected to use current professional references to support your work throughout. At least
two of your references must be from separate professional nursing management journals.
Your presentation should be constructed as follows:
ORDER UNIQUE ANSWER NOW
- The presentation should include slides with the script in the Notes section of each slide. This
script reflects what would be said at an oral presentation of the change proposal to key
stakeholders. The slides should be created as follows-
- Slide 1: Title Slide – Title and Your Name
- Slide 2: Change Theory Model
Slide 3: SWOT Analysis
- Identify the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats associated with
implementing or failing to implement the proposed plan.
- Slides 4-14: Action Plan
Discuss the details of the implementation plan. Demonstrate the application of theory to the specific decisions and recommendations.
- Change theory model
- Steps and processes
- Communication plan
- Leadership styles
- Management functions
- Budget requirements/implications
- Steps to assure staff compliance
- Slide 15: Decision-making process
Analyze the decision-making process used. What was effective or ineffective and
what would you change in the future? (Note-Your slides should be indicative of
what would be used in the presentation to the stakeholders, and the script in the
Notes section should describe to the stakeholders how the you arrived at
decisions. Then, also in the Notes, describe in parentheses the effective and
ineffective methods or situations involved in your work. You would probably not go
into such details in your presentation to stakeholders!)
- Slide 16: References