Research and write a paper of 1,250 words in which you compare and contrast two of the following counseling approaches: cognitive behavioral, contingency management contracting, CRA, brief interventions, solution-focused therapy, 12-step approaches, and pharmacotherapy.
- Discuss how the approaches are combined to form an integrated treatment and help the counselor utilize individualized techniques for a client.
- Discuss how solution-focused therapy may not provide a corresponding treatment solution for the client’s problem but, when used, still decreases the addiction problem.
Include at least five scholarly references in addition to the textbook in your paper.
Create a chart detailing the five techniques used in motivational interviewing:
- Define and illustrate counselor techniques of motivational interviewing.
- Explain how the techniques help overcome the conventional problems of transference and counter transference.
- reference page is required WITH LINKS TO ARTICLES. I ask that you use as many american references as possible so I can check citations for corrections