Wrongful termination of an employee is a frequent complaint filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). To avoid a finding of wrongful termination, organizations must develop policies and procedures that ensure that proper steps are taken that are consistent with regulations and laws. Providing senior leaders with information that is critical to effectively mitigate potential liability is a critical role for HR.
Research the legal issues associated with terminating employees, and prepare an executive-level paper that addresses the issue of wrongful termination, including the following:
- Identify the duties and rights of the parties in an employment contract as well as the liabilities of each in the event of noncompliance.
- What is the EEOC’s responsibility and process for determining wrongful termination?
- Define employment-at-will.
- List the policies and procedures you would recommend organizations issue to prevent cases of wrongful termination.
- Students must have a minimum of 2 scholarly references.