Assume that you are an HR manager in a MNE, and you have been tasked with designing HR policy that would apply to the various locations external to the United States. You must define the differences between domestic and international HRM, examine key factors that drive standardization, and define the impact on culture and the institutional environment.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast two (2) main differences between domestic and international HRM.
- Examine two (2) of the factors that drive standardization of HRM practices. Determine whether or not it is advantageous for an MNE to adopt a worldwide corporate culture for each of its subsidiaries.
- Examine the role of the subsidiary. Compare and contrast global innovators, the integrated player, implementers, and local innovators as subsidiaries. Determine the best role for a company that is just beginning to expand internationally. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze two (2) of the factors that drive the localization of HRM practices for an MNE. Determine two (2) advantages of the localization of HRM practices.
- Determine the impact of the culture and institutional context (environment) on:
- recruitment and selection
- training and development
- task distribution
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Dowling, P. J., Festing, M., & Engle, A. D., Sr. (2013). International human resource management (6th ed.). United Kingdom: Cengage Learning EMEA.
View a A Global HRM Plan sample paper which might help in completing this assignment or order a unique paper at an affordable price.
Liked this paper? Hire one of our writers to write a unique hiqh quality for you! Order Unique Answer Now