‘It has to be said that the High Court of Australia has shown a reluctance (some might even say a hostility) towards the invention and expansion of equitable doctrines and remedies’.
The Hon Justice Kirby ‘Equity’s Australian Isolationism’ WA Lee Equity Lecture, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane 19 November 2008, 20-21. (Available on WebCT – 01. The History & Nature of Equity)
Critically discuss this statement. Should equitable doctrines and remedies be expanded? If so, how might this be achieved?
Order Unique Answer Now
- All essays must be submitted via the Assignment Box at Queen Street.
- All written work is to be typed double-spaced on one side of A4 paper with a margin/border of 25 mm / 1 inch.
- A consistent style must be used for all references. See the Australian Guide to Legal Citation.
- Marks will be deducted if the word limit is exceeded or the assignment is submitted after the due date without an extension being granted.
- In 2008 the School of Law developed a policy regarding the process of Requesting Extensions.