Treat this group as though they are a legitimate business in need of consulting services. Provide a complete analysis of the situation. Craft a business plan of action and strategies for Robin Hood to implement and execute effectively. It is your job to convince him to pursue your proposed plan; hence your report should include full justification and arguments to support your recommended course of action identifying all aspects of the case and of your analysis correctly in business terms.
During your study of this case you might what to ponder the answers to the following questions:
1. What problems does Robin Hood have? What issues need to be addressed?
2. Do Robin Hood and the merry men need a new mission? New objectives? A new strategy?
3. What strategic options (opportunities) does Robin Hood have? Is continuing with the present strategy an option or is the present strategy obsolete?
4. Develop a SWOT analysis for Robin Hood and his merry men.
5. Does it make sense to impose a fixed transit tax to counter the decline in revenues?
6. What about expanding the band’s operations to geographical areas to the north, south, east and west of Sherwood Forest as a way of rejuvenating revenues and cash flows?
7. Why not try to end the campaign by killing the Sheriff?
8. What are the pros and cons of accepting the offer of the barons to assist in securing King Richard’s release, from prison?
9. What action plan would you recommend to Robin?
10. How should Robin implement the recommended plan? What action steps will need to be taken to make the recommended strategy work successfully?
11. Should I use the implementation model to sketch out the implementation challenges facing Robin for my recommendation? Are there other charts or graphs I could use to enhance the presentation of my answer?