protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure is a major security challenge within the U.S. Likewise, the responsibility for protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure encompasses all sectors of government, including private sector cooperation. Search the Internet for information on the SCADA Worm, such as the article located at http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/22/stuxnet_worm_weapon/.
Write three pages paper in which you:
- Describe the impact and the vulnerability of the SCADA / Stuxnet Worm on the critical infrastructure of the United States.
- Describe the methods to mitigate the vulnerabilities, as they relate to the seven (7) domains.
- Assess the levels of responsibility between government agencies and the private sector for mitigating threats and vulnerabilities to our critical infrastructure.
- Assess the elements of an effective IT Security Policy Framework, and how these elements, if properly implemented, could prevent or mitigate an attack similar to the SCADA / Stuxnet Worm.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the role of an information systems security (ISS) policy framework in overcoming business challenges.
- Compare and contrast the different methods, roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities of personnel, along with the governance and compliance of the security policy framework.
- Describe the different ISS policies associated with the user domain.
- Analyze the different ISS policies associated with the IT infrastructure.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security strategy and policy formation.
- Write clearly and concisely about Information Systems Security Policy topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Liked this paper? Hire one of our writers to write a unique hiqh quality for you! Order Unique Answer Now